WHAT WE OFFER
Arrive 6pm, set up by 7/7.30pm & Midnight finish.
2x60 minute live sets.
Free premixed disco service.
Learn your 1st Dance.
Hire the best Wedding Band South Wales.
Hold Back The Night
Twisting The Night Away
Sugar Pie Honey Bunch
Walk Away Renee
Same Old Song
It Takes Two
I Heard It Through The Grapevine
Sweet Soul Music
Dock Of The Bay
Hold On I’m Coming
In The Midnight Hour
Knock On Wood
I Want You Back
Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Keep On Running
Loco In Acapulco
Living In America
Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Land Of 1,000 Dances
Long Tall Sally
Shake A Tailfeather
Higher And Higher
Young Hearts Run Free
I Second That Emotion
Under The Boardwalk
I Feel Good
Stand By Me
Build Me Up Buttercup
You To Me Are Everything
Hey Girl Don’t Bother Me
Baby Now That I Found You
Gimme Some Loving
River Deep Mountain High
Let’s Stay Together
Lean On Me
1. Quite simply one of the best live soul bands around..
This Soul Band have become nothing short of an institution for fun filled live music. Expect a hit filled set from start to finish!
2. The ten piece band led by lead vocalist and focal point of the band Mike played to a full house at The Riverside.
It was immediately obvious from the first number, when audience members were out of their seats (and some on their seats) to dance and sing along, that the audience was largely made up of their loyal following who knew exactly what they’d come to experience…a string of great soul classics played with minimal let up and maximum energy.
It all began, as is customary with this band, with the horn section (as tight as ever) making their weaving processional entry through the audience from the back of the hall to join the rest of the band already on stage.
And from there on it was pure delight as they ran through what seemed like the complete catalogue of soul classics. Particular highlights included Superstition with some wonderfully authentic sounding bass line, Sam Cooke’s Twisting The Night Away, Arthur Conley’s Sweet Soul Music with that fabulous brass riff that almost insists that you spring out of your seat and dance, and The Trammps’ Hold Back The Night in which horns and two female backing singers squeezed every ounce out of the smouldering classic.
The Singer was, as ever, the ebullient master of ceremonies with his familiar gravel-voiced singing interspersed with high-pitched yelps. Maybe the biggest feature was the unanimity of performance from the whole band which exuded confidence and experience gained from years of playing on the circuit.
A thoroughly enjoyable evening then…one would expect nothing less from a band so in tune with this joyful music.
Geraint Davies ~ South Wales Argus
3. An explosive start to the evening was provided by Soul Train Band. This is the way to play soul and Motown-a full ten piece band, great brass section, girl backing singers, pulsating rhythm section and Mike on lead vocals-not only great musicianship but also a great performance. I am not surprised that it is one of the most popular soul outfits as it was absolutely superb. If you book corporate functions or summer balls and want a great dance band, you could do a lot worse. This is a truly hot band.
Big, brassy..soul music at its finest. Stax, Motown the real deal.. played like their lives depend on it! A soul band who enjoy soul music off and on the stage..real soul music buffs who bring their obvious enthusiasm onto the stage with ‘em! Check it out. A real soul band playing soul music with real soul!
4. Fantastic night at the Globe & many years since I last saw these guys play, won’t leave it so long next time they were brilliant, great sound. The place was rammed and shakin with loads of dancers. Fab night, fantastic band, great crowd. What more could you ask for!
Cafe A Go Go
5. “Soul Train Band is in the premiere league of function bands. Highly polished and broadcast able.”
Neville Thurlbeck, artistic director
6. ‘I have to say if I was having a party I would be getting hold of The Soul Train Band…makes you wanna dance, sing and ding a ling!’